How many times have you said already this season...My skin is so dry!!!
Well it’s that time of year to manage our moisture in and out. In order to get rid of winter skin, you will have to give your skin care routine a boost.
Dry skin can be extremely uncomfortable and depending where you live it can last for months!
For some people it’s a general tight dry feeling. For others, skin can be so dry that it is cracking and flaky and can even lead to eczema flare ups.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind while tackling cold dry weather:
- Moisturize More: Keep a good moisturizer on hand so that when you feel the need to reapply you can. Fragrance free is best to lessen the irritation.
- Sunscreen for wintertime is a must! Winter sun can be just as damaging and drying. Remember to apply a daily sunscreen at least 30 minutes prior to sun exposure.
- Remember your hands. Your hands have fewer oil glands so it can be harder to keep them moisturized.
- Using a soap free cleanser will help keep skin from getting dried out each time you wash
- Keeping a humidifier in your room will add moisture to the air keeping skin more hydrated while you sleep.
- Using lukewarm water instead of hot water in the shower will also help further drying.
- Drinking water is not the cure for dry skin, but be sure to stay hydrated and your body and skin will be happier.