The Best Treatment for a Sunburn is:
• Take a cool shower or apply cool compresses
• Moisturize with a fragrance-free cream and aloe vera. This will help replenish the skin and pull some of the heat out making it less painful.
• Stay away from ointments that are oil based (such as vaseline) that will trap the heat and could lead to infection
• Take Ibuprofen; this will help reduce the inflammation
• Always stay hydrated to replenish your skin from the inside out.
• Stay out of the sun after a burn as to not irritate skin further. If you must be outside, take extra precaution to wear clothing that covers and protects.
Always use sunscreen and wear protective clothing to block any harmful UV rays. Repeat sunburns put individuals at great risk for skin cancer and premature aging. Try our Reef Safe and Water Resistant Hyaluronic Facial Solar Protector - Tinted Moisturizing Sunscreen - SPF44 or Essential Solar Protector - Moisturizing Sunscreen - SPF47
If you do get sunburn, one we recommend to soothe the pain is our Soothing Gelle Masque.