At Skin Resource.MD we have been empowering people to design their own skin regimen, use what works best for their skin...Prescribing it for themselves.
Since the mid eighties Skin Resource has been using the words Prescribe it For Yourself. It started with the philosophy of why not let patients choose their own products and skin care routine that was once only available as prescriptions from their Dermatologists. It’s a no appointment necessary mentality, which makes our unique products available to everyone, this is what defines our brand and our custom skin care line.
We aren’t just using the words prescribe it for yourself lightly, we truly encourage our customers to find what works for you and your skin type. There are so many variables when trying to find your perfect products. Skin type, different skin conditions, where you live and the environment which your skin is predominantly exposed to...these are all factors to consider when choosing your skin care routine.
Being able to find what works is ever changing. As we age, our skin type and skin needs can change and in turn then our skin routine must change. We are giving the customer the power to ask questions, and find what works best.
Let's talk about finding that perfect routine and some top points to consider:
- Clean Skin = Healthy Skin Cleansing is one of the most important steps of a skin care routine. Cleaning your skin with a soap free cleanser removes excess dirt and pore clogging oils and then preps your skin for the next step. Using a washcloth is beneficial to help with a deep cleanse.
- Exfoliating - removes the dead skin cells making room for the new skin cells leaving skin feeling smoother and brighter.. The frequency of this step will vary from 1 to 3 times a week depending on your skin type.
- Hydrated Skin = Younger Looking Skin Use a hyaluronic acid product to boost your skin’s moisture content and protect it from environmental pollutants.
- Moisturize - Don’t skimp on the moisturizer. All skin needs to be moisturized, even oily skin. Use an oil-free moisturizer for skin prone to breakouts, and an enriched bio-lipid cream for sensitive and dry skin.
- Protect - Always using sunscreen of SPF 30 everyday is important to block out the harmful UV rays, and protect your skin from further sun damage which increases the signs of aging. Always remember to reapply if swimming or sweating. A sunscreen with a SPF of 30 is ideal because it provides maximum protection without unnecessary chemicals. The American Cancer Society recommends using SPF of 30 or higher.
- Add those Antioxidants- antioxidants’ free radical-fighting activities destroy molecules that can damage healthy cells. Antioxidants keep your cells happy, healthy and plump. So finding products like serums and hydrating boosts loaded with antioxidants are always going to be beneficial in building those healthy skin cells. You can never have enough antioxidants so layer them on!
With these helpful tips and knowing that you have the ability to Prescribe it for Yourself, you are on your way to finding the optimum skin care program.Find more helpful answers to all your skin needs at www.skinresourcemd.com