Antioxidants are substances that protect our bodies from free radical damage that occurs from exposure to certain chemicals such as pollution and radiation. There are large amounts of antioxidants found in fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains. Consuming these antioxidant rich foods will benefit your heart health and can lower your risk of some forms of cancer and infections.
Why is this important for my skin health?
We often take our skin for granted, but it is the body’s largest organ and can easily get damaged. The most effective way to take care of your skin is to add antioxidants to your skincare routine. By doing this you are protecting your skin by limiting the production of free radicals which can be damaging to skin cells. Using antioxidants in your daily skin regimen will greatly improve the health and appearance of your skin.
Listed below are several antioxidants to look for when choosing skin care products:
- Baobab - Baobab is a Super Antioxidant used for its excellent softening, healing and regenerating skincare properties. It is rich in powerful antioxidants which protect skin against free radical damage.
- Vitamin E - Helps skin look younger by boosting collagen production.
- Green Tea - Can help reduce sun damage by reducing inflammation and tackling free radicals.
- Coffee Berry - Contains properties to lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles giving your your a more youthful look.
- Resveratrol - Neutralizes free radicals which minimize wrinkles and enhances firmness.
- Vitamin C - Is a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to prevent and reverse skin aging.
These are just a few listed but there are a lot more antioxidants that are extremely beneficial. At SkinResource.MD we have been using the power of antioxidants in our products for years. To find what works best for your skin routine go to www.skinresourcemd.com