Today, we’re spotlighting brand ambassador, Jessica Violet. We love her fresh sense of style, upbeat spirit and like us, recognizes the importance of self-care. Check out our interview with her below! And follow her @jessicaviolettaylor or visit here web site at: www.jessicaviolet.com
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself!
My name is Jessica and I am a San Diego blogger and social media influencer. I have a passion for all things skincare, wearable fashion, and my two weiner dogs!
2. What was your motivation for starting your Blog
I started Jessica Violet as a way to share all of my passions with the world. I strive to empower women to see their self-worth and know their beauty. Sharing wearable fashion, beauty routines, and my favorite skincare products are my top topics to share.
3. How do you stay refreshed
I always make sure to take some time in the morning and evening for "me time". I start my day working out and follow with my morning skincare routine. I absolutely love my morning and nighttime routines. It helps me stay refreshed and clean. I love how my skin feels after a good shower and some amazing skincare products.
4. What are some skincare challenges/insecurities you’ve faced throughout your lifetime?
Throughout my teenage years and my early 20s, I suffered from acne. I would squeeze and pick at my face constantly. This lead to a lot of acne scarring, making the matter permanently worse. I was always super insecure about my skin. To top it off, I have intense combination skin (oily t-zone & dry patches throughout the rest). It wasn't until I started paying attention to what I was putting on to my skin and in my body that I started to see change and feel confident about it. I have realized that my skin is a constant work in progress and I have learned to love the process.
5. What is your favorite Skin Resource.MD product and why?
My absolute favorite Skin Resource.MD product is by far the Tinted Moisturizing Sunscreen. I wear sunscreen every. single. day. Even if it's cloudy and rainy outside - you can count on some sunscreen on my face. I'm super passionate about this particular sunscreen for a few reasons. I can wear it under my makeup and not worry about it ruining my foundation. I absolutely love that it's reef safe, something we all need to be a little more conscious of. Plus, the ingredients are incredible and you can't beat the price point. Protecting your skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays helps prevent aging, sunspots, and damage. Everyone needs this product!
6. Skin Resource.MD is based on these four values
- Problem Solvers. First and foremost we are here to help consumers with their skincare goals. We have the medical knowledge and a bustling clinical practice keeping us informed of all skincare and patient trends & concerns, and we are familiar with the issues you are concerned about and have created solutions.
- Empowering. We are well aware of the massive and sometimes conflicting information on skincare. We believe that the basics are simple and once you have those down, you can start to personalize what you need for you.
- Safe, Non-Irritating Ingredients. Our formulas do not have the common irritants and perfumes that are present in most skincare products. And, we never test on animals. Those with the most sensitive skin can use our products, from children to grandparents.
- Accessible. We started with the ethos that dermatologist-created skincare will never cost more than it has to. You get the benefit of medical school educations and decades of clinical patient experience without having to pay an exorbitant price.
Which do you identify with and why?
I believe many people are misinformed and a little scared to dive into the overwhelming world of skincare. Everyone should be aware of what products and ingredients work best for their skin and I believe this is a strong suit of the Skin Resource.MD brand. As someone who believes in affordability in all aspects of life, I love how Skin Resource.MD prioritizes accessibility. In my research, many people believe that in order for a skincare product to be "good", it needs to be expensive. That's not true. Skin Resource.MD has affordable and high-quality skincare products for anyone and everyone. I love recommending these products because I know the brand isn't taking advantage of the consumer. I adore that!
7. What is one of your favorite things about yourself?
As someone who works through my self-worth struggles, just like many others, this question used to be really difficult to answer. But now I've learned what I love about myself and no longer worry about sharing that with others. One of my favorite things about myself is my smile. I love how it brightens my face and not only makes others feel good but also makes me feel great too. Anytime I can spread happiness to others, I feel my best.
8. What makes you feel most beautiful (spending time with family? surfing? shopping?) and what does beautiful mean to you?
I feel the most beautiful when I'm wearing my favorite outfit, done up, going on a date with my husband. Beauty is happiness to me. When I'm happy, I'm beautiful. Spending time with my husband, my dogs, and my friends make me happy. Wearing my favorite outfit and getting dolled up is so much fun to me and anytime I'm able to do that makes me feel happy and beautiful.
9. How do you practice self-care?
I make sure that I spend time exercising 5-6 days a week, meditating, getting enough sleep, and always performing my morning and nighttime skincare routine. I also practice an 80-20 mindset. If I falter away from my normal routine, eat something "unhealthy" or don't get enough sleep one night, it's not the end of the world. I try not to be too hard on myself and not take life too seriously. Self-care is important!